Headlamp Module Question ?

Hello,

Have a 2009 Buick LaCrosse. About 50,000 miles on it, only.

I recently received a Recall notice to have the Head Lamp Module replaced.

One of my headlights just went out on me. Parking light,and High Beams fine though for that lamp.

Just the "normal" light when driving at night doesn't work now. Only on one side; other is fine.

Question: if it is a defective Headlamp Module, would it possibly effect only one of the lamps, or, if defective, it would definitely effect both ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

Module will shut off both lights. It has one power feed that splits to feed the low beam lights.

First thing to check would be the low beam fuses, 10 amp, Fuse 3 (LF) and 4 (RF) Then the bulb. If you have a bad bulb, it is a good idea to replace both. That restores an even load on the wiring and you get the same light intensity out of each side.

Reply to
Steve W.