Recall Re Low Beams On Headlights ?

Hello,

Have a 2009 Buick LaCrosse.

Have read about a recall on the headlights; something to do with the low beams working, but perhaps not the high beams.

Anyone know the details on this ? would really like to have a good understanding of this, as I do a lot of nightime driving

My dealership was next to useless in giving any details. Also, had no idea when repair parts would be avail.

e.g., how likely ? "Many" Buick's effected ?

exactly what happens/causes ?

repair parts involved, and when avail. ? etc. ?

Is it just the low beam filament; I think the high and low are all in one bulb on my Buick; true ?

Much thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

My 2005 maxx has Two bad headlight sockets. Uses those dam h9/h11 strange bulbs. The sockets are part of the integrated lens module on it.

I don't think mine is recalled, but it suffers from the same bad socket BS. The wires on the socket are weenie too.

You can buy replacement pigtail sockets, but the proper way to do it on mine is replace the entire lens/headlight assembly.

bob

Reply to
bob

Looks like they think there is a problem and plan on fixing it but haven't gone any farther yet. You will get a notice from GM if your vehicle is part of the recall. Until then it's a waiting game.

FYI - Dealers wont give out any information until they receive the actual recall information through the GM system. Even then they won't know if your vehicle is involved until the VIN listing is compiled and put on the system.

DETROIT ? General Motors is recalling 316,357 older-model SUVs and sedans in North America, including the 2006-'09 Buick LaCrosse, to fix a headlamp problem, the automaker said on Monday.

The recall includes the 2006-'07 Chevrolet TrailBlazer and 2006 TrailBlazer EXT SUV; 2006-'07 GMC Envoy and 2006 Envoy XL SUV; 2006-'07 Buick Rainier SUV; 2006-'08 Saab 9-7X and 2006-'08 Isuzu Ascender SUVs.

"If the headlamp driver module is not operating correctly, the low-beam headlamps and daytime running lamps could intermittently or permanently fail to illuminate," GM said in a statement provided to Edmunds. "This condition does not affect the high-beam headlamps, marker lamps, turn signals or foglamps."

GM said it has not been able to confirm whether the defect caused any vehicle accidents. The headlamp recall is GM's 79th recall of 2014, the automaker noted.

No information about the recall has been posted on the Web site of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which oversees vehicle safety in the U.S.

GM has not announced a fix for the recall and has not specified a start date.

Reply to
Steve W.