lights question

Am sorry if this has been answered before, failed to find anything after searching the archive.

My 1968 beetle has the following symptoms

Light switch pulled halfway - parking lights on (seems normal) Light switch all the way up - low beams on (seems normal)

If you pull turn signal lever up once

high beams on but the filament for low beams goes off. I thought high beams meant all filaments on?

If you pull turn signal lever up again

High beams off, low beams on

Lights off, pull turn signal lever up once

nothing (shouldn't the lights flash? - my dad's 66 used to)

Turn signals work fine Parking lights work fine

Summary of problem: lights don't flash when lever is pulled when light switch is off. High beams have only one filament burning.

cleaned and checked fuses, all ok

Joseph

Reply to
klashniv

Right

Right again.

Most all cars only turn on one filament at a time. I don't think the Beetle was any different.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure my '69 does this either. Must check in the morning.

Malcolm '69 Beetle (Gus)

Reply to
Malcolm

You have been spoiled by modern cars that have flash to pass, my '70 doesn't either.

Reply to
Douglas

Reply to
Kaferkrazy

Yep. That's exactly the way it's supposed to work...

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

mez