Help!, Location of Inertia Fuel cutoff, Jeep Cherokee yr 2000?

Hi guys, and tnx for the help received from this group in the past. I have a friend who's 2000 jeep cherokee was popped in the rear the other day. It never cranked again after the incident so we suspect a inertia fuel cutoff.

Could anyone point us to where the cutoff is located? I have not personally seen the vehicle but my friend has not been able to locate it.

many thanks in advance, Scott

Reply to
scott

Resetting, if so equipped should be covered in the owners manual... and factory shop manual as well.

However, if it doesn't crank (as in the starter motor not engaging and turning the engine over), it sounds more like the accident lunched your friends battery. Do you have lights and all that!

Erik.

Reply to
Erik

Thank you for the interest Erik, yes it will turn over, all electrical ok, just no cranking. I think you are on the right track though, I am not sure if the owners manual would show the location of the reset, but maintenance manual would, unless anyone else knows the location of the cutoff reset, I'll suggest that to my friend if he has not already figured it out for himself.

Thanks, Scott> Resetting, if so equipped should be covered in the owners manual... and

Reply to
scott

Jeep doesn't use an inertia switch.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

replying to aarcuda69062, Heinous Anus wrote: Ok great now what?

Reply to
Heinous Anus