Highway tailgater and etc - not a car mechanical question

to do it again next time, he'll think twice.

It certainly does. Doesn't it. Why do you want to know if I have children?

Reply to
EatMe

Depends on what happened. If he ran into something while off the road you would probably bear some of the blame for your deceptive move. On the other hand if he runs into you then he would be at fault.

I know how you feel about tailgaters. They do that to me all the time. However, I also do it. When im a rush and driving fast and passing sometimes I can approach too fast and end up getting closer than I want to. I usually back off. So sometimes the tailgating is just a mistake, especially considering the move you pulled there :(

The folks I hate the most are the ones that are entering traffic from the on-ramp and think that means they are supposed to zoom past everybody until the ramp runs out then take the fking pole position! WTH is that? \o/ Especially when I was also on the on-ramp and just happened to merge in first chance I got like a civilized driver.

Reply to
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

You sound like you're still trying to justify your behaviour.

What the tailgater did was being a dick. You were also being a dick.

It doesn't matter who's the bigger dick if you're both wrong. Possibly dead wrong.

Ray

Reply to
news

I believe these people actually enjoy blocking traffic.

Reply to
clifto

On face value, nobody denies triple fast going guy died because someone cut him off right under the nose. I simply wrote the guy may not be dead had he gone slower regardless the guilt of guy who cut him off. I see that you don't deny my assertion.

Just like the other post, you are talking apples and oranges. Super fast moving guy plus someone cutting him off right under the nose versus reasonably fast moving car that had seen plenty of blinkers and distance to allow the vehicle in front of him to pass and safely move to the right lane.

Those who routinely use right lane and use left lane only to pass are not ones out there trying to teach that speeder a lesson. They are ones just trying to go from A to B, which certainly does not include cutting somebody off.

I am thinking that those out there to "teach that speeder a lesson" as you wrote are ones who got royally fed up with high beams, honking, foul language and finger pointing just because he was minding his own business.

Maybe when everything fails, sometimes something clicks and you decide to take measures on your own hand? That'll be American way, no? To borrow your own language, GET THE F-CK SLOW DOWN AND WAIT UNTIL CAR IN FRONT OF YOU SAFELY MOVE TO RIGHT LANE, AND DON'T TAILGATE. I DON"T NEED TO MOVE AT 80 MPH JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING AT 80 MPH.

Sad thing is you may yell but at the end, you are still at the mercy of that car in front of you.

Reply to
grunt262

Excuse me. My intent was not to justify anything. But, if it comes to it, I see it as my right that I don't have to accelerate to say 80 mph just to make some other wacko happy.

Reply to
grunt262

yes, it's your RIGHT to move back over to the RIGHT lane to let the other car go.

You might have seen the signs: Slower traffic keep RIGHT.

If you're doing 70 and he's doing 80, you're slower. Please move to the RIGHT. In many places, it's the LAW.

Thank you for not driving like a moron.

Reply to
ray

You -like many/most others in this thread- are blowing horn at apple while I am talking about orange. It's incredible reading comprehension problem or what. All I've been saying thus far is, I use right lane and use left lane only to pass cars even slower than me on right line. Then I move to the right lane. Then wackos going at say 80 mph comes from behind and tailgate as if road ought to be open for them at short notice. Hell with it.

Thank you for not writing like a moron.

Reply to
grunt262

but that's not what you were writing about. You wanted vindication for being an asshole and "blocking" some guy whom you thought was going too fast.

Remember, everyone going slower than you is an idiot, and everyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Whatever. Stop driving offensively and stop worrying about controlling other traffic - just drive safely and if the other guy is a complete maniac asshole, just let him go. Arrive in one piece.

Geez.

Reply to
ray

You say I want what? Vindication? My initial question was, would I be held liable should anything happened. Get over reading comprehension problem and speed complex.

My beef is a guy whom I thought was going too fast *and* was tailgating me, not allowing me to move over right lane safely, where I usually drive. Say you love tailgaters just few feet behind you when you are at 70 mps.

Not everyone going slower than you is an idiot, and not everyone going faster than you is a maniac. Maniac is a guy who wants lane available all the time on short notice, and idiot is a guy is drives on left lane all the time regardless speed he's on. I see both type all the time.

Reply to
grunt262

if you caused the accident and it could be proved then, yes, you could (and should) be held liable for the accident. Running someone off the road because you don't agree with his driving is what you might call road rage... or just plain and simply being asshole.

Reply to
news

Reply to
EatMe

held liable should anything happened.

Reply to
EatMe

Reading comprehension problem. Do you watch ABC nightly news and manage to understand news anchor?

Where did you get your driver ed? It's more likely Turn your head slightly left quick over your shoulder, give blinker, if safe to change into left lane then only then proceed. No, in your case, you may drive into median.

By the way, cretin is one who has no senseble argument and then start calling others names.

Tailgate next time and you'll see what may happen to you.

You are welcome. This is one lesson you learn only in Internet: do not tailgate. No charge.

I knew, in spite your earlier denial, you are one speeder and tailgater. Just remember next time you drive 100 mph in 65 mph highway, car that swerves under your nose could be your kid sister reaching for her baby's bottle, your granma in diabetic shock, or your uncle having heart attack -or a family of skunks for that matter- or even a fed-up guy having bad day out there to teach you a lesson (to borrow other guy's phrase).

Again to borrow your own calling, never seen a cretin claim road as his own - even in Internet. Don't get the wrong idea that name calling makes you as smarter than what you are.

Reply to
grunt262

There is precisely the argument. Liability comes from established guilt in accident or strong evidence of such, I presume. You already concluded the car in front -being tailgated- drove tailgater off the road. But, what tells you for sure what drove the guy off the road?

The guy in front is likely argue that he had blinker on, and was about to move to right lane, but noticed -from peripheral vision- the tailgater was right behind him blocking rear view, so he in split second decision, thought the tailgater was to move to right lane, so he corrected his car back to left lane (where he was).

Then, by his turn, tailgater, because he was so close to the front car's bumper, had no room to maneuver, so instead of slowing down, as he should have done, sped up even faster and drove over left shoulder - and hit median

hypothetically and got killed hypothetically speaking, etc.

What say you?

Reply to
grunt262

Like, how do you define "king of road," and given your definition of "king of road," please define "palace of road."

Reply to
grunt262

Yep- you do fit the definition of "CruiseContorlIdiot" to a "T". RIght out of Road & Track. 30 seconds on the autobahn would certainly change your happy tune skippy, if you lived.

Reply to
EatMe

You try to sound tough with words like cretin, idiot and whatnots. That is no way of conducting yourself because dignified replies get respectable words back, even appreciation. You've been stail for awhile as far as I am concerned. Have your last scribble. You are out of my picture.

Reply to
grunt262