honda hoses replacement

Like Texas????? I've never heard that one before & I've been having cars inspected in Texas for more than 30 years, El Paso, Houston & Dallas. I have yet to see an inspector even look under a car much less mention anything about leaks. I think you need to find a different place to get your inspections.

Reply to
E. Meyer

They seem to be pretty thorough out in West Houston / Katy. Perhaps they just wanted to sell me a $600 oil pan gasket replacement job.

Reply to
Paul

That'd be my guess.

Reply to
E. Meyer

******** Depends on exactly where you are in Texas... Some areas under EPA watch require more stringent maintenance than other areas, I am told. Even so, "Goober" might well just slap a sticker on your car.

I live in Dogpatch, and you could get an elephant safety stickered here.

I have a friend who owns a shop in Houston (West side, near Tomball) and he tells me that the actual regulations are a bit more stiff than are normally applied in practice.

Reply to
hls