How do I fix scratches on the bumper cover?

Okay, even us good drivers sometimes make mistakes. Mine resulted in several scratches on the front bumper cover. They're pretty deep, so I guess I need to fill most of them with something before painting. What's the proper procedure, and how much time would it take? Also, would painting outside be an option? I don't need a perfect result, it is the bumper cover after all, but it has to look at least decent. Having never painted a car before and planing on doing everything myself I need all the help I can get. :-)

(2.5MB) Thanks,

Ulf

Reply to
Ulf

Your local auto body supply shop (or the auto section of a large retailer) should have the supplies that you need. For a procedure, see

Dan

(This account is not used for email.)

Reply to
Dan Beaton

Thanks for the link. It doesn't look that hard, maybe something to do on the next sunny afternoon... I also found a page, but it only showed the painting procedure.

Ulf

Reply to
Ulf

Hello Dan, Mike De Vito here, being that the bumpers are painted the same as the rest of the car,-----Strauss stores or another large auto supply carry a speciat polish that will fill those sratches without going thru a paint job, sorry I don=92t have the name of the product. Mike De Vito

Reply to
Michael C De Vito