How do ratchets and sockets lock?

I found this here:

*Keeper: The Craftsman has a rubber button on the back that allows the keeper to retract for easy removal or installation of sockets and bits. But the keeper itself is rounded, which is no longer allowed in the "industry" because of the possibility of bits coming off and falling into vehicles. The Snap-on has a keeper that has been flattened on top, which keeps the bits more securely. The downside is there is no "quick disconnect" on the Snap-on 3/8" drive ratchet. We have to use a "Poker" to stick in the hole to push down the keeper to release the adapter so we can slide the adapter off the ratchet.

------- Does anybody know what Snap-On ratchets have this flattened keeper? Because I think with their Round Head ratchets you just pull the socket right off. Also, where is the hole he is talking about? In the socket or the ratchet? Thanks.

Reply to
JCDouville