How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?

How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?

It has been three weeks and the sidewalls are still blue. I scrubbed today with a sponge and they're still blue.

Is there a special cleaning solvent for that blue stain? What's it there for anyway?

Reply to
RonTheGuy

"However, for those excited to get the pop white accent tires are known for, a quick cleaning with a soft bristled brush, some mild dish soap, hot water and some elbow grease will reveal the bright white rubber beneath"

More info re why from  TireRack at

Anonymous

I always used and S O S pad. They still make whitewalls?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

buy a bottle of whitewall cleaner and a bristle brush and use a little elbow grease.

Reply to
fos

I wonder as well why that bluish tint comes on new whitewalls

Reply to
Michael Trew

I just removed the blue from a new set of tires this week. I did it with the tire vertical, cleaning the bottom half with glass cleaner and a toothbrush, finish wipe with a paper towel. Turn tire over and repeat. Only took 5 minutes per tire.

Reply to
AMuzi

Been a long time since I had whitewalls but as best I remember, the blue rinsed right off with the detergent/soapy water in the bucket I used to wash the car...usually with the rag, worst case with a brush.

Curious though, what kind of car are the whitewalls on?

Reply to
Wade Garrett

1965 Corvair Corsa:
of quality tires in that size is slim now.
Reply to
AMuzi

Nice!

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Nice car! If I ever come across a Corvair, it's usually rotting away sitting in a tree row. No one thought to save those cars.

Those 13" tires are getting hard to come by. Even more difficult is to find 12" tires for my Geo Metro.

Reply to
Michael Trew