How much can I machine of a Toyota V6 3VZ-E head ?

Hi

I've just taken the heads off my 4-runner 3VZ-E engine due a blown head gasket. Both head gaskets have a failure at the same place which has also caused some corrosion on the aluminium head between the coolant passage and cylinder #1 (and #6 respectively).

80% of the damage has been removed by a 5 thou skim but I would like to remove the rest of the corrosion if possible (which would probably need 15 thou in total) What is the limit that I can go to for this engine??

Any help greatly appreciated

Darryl Tunesi

Reply to
Darryl Tunesi

Shep

If you don't have to use the OEM gasket for any particular reason, you can get 'shim' gaskets (see

for example). They are designedto compensate for excessive head milling when it becomes necessary. PS: Check your block decks for true too before putting it back together.

Reply to
Ryan Underwood