Newbie: How to remove air filter in 2002 Jetta

I don't want to mess with it unless I am sure what I am doing.

How do I replace the air filter on a 2002 Jetta? If you have links to = pics, that would be ideal

Thanks Mark

Reply to
Mark

Just locate filter box on upper right hand side of engine.remove clips,open box pull out filter replace with new filter.You can vacuum out box if their is a lot of leaves and debris so it won't go into engine when you start up your car.

Reply to
BIGDETROITD

How do I remove the clips? What about the phillips screws? Do I remove = them? Which ones?

wrote in message = news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3316.bay.webtv.net... : Just locate filter box on upper right hand side of engine.remove : clips,open box pull out filter replace with new filter.You can vacuum : out box if their is a lot of leaves and debris so it won't go into : engine when you start up your car. :

Reply to
Mark

Sorry ,scew out all the philips head screws and you are on your way.

Reply to
BIGDETROITD

Which ones?

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

Thanks y'all. Which screws particular or is it simple enough to put back? I had trouble with the aligning the battery cover once. DOH!

Reply to
Mark

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

Remove which clips? The blower clips? I already removed the battery cover and the two phillips screws. I was not able to pull the cover off. Please provide detailed instructions to the mechanically challenged.

Thanks

Reply to
Mark

Why did you remove battery cover for extracting air filter.

Reply to
BIGDETROITD

Because the air filter cover wouldn't budge unless I removed the cover. The hinges are somewhat being impeded by the battery cover unless removed. The snorkel/air filter hose also interferes with removal.

Reply to
Mark

Well, since I got little help from this group. I thought I would help someone who may be browsing the archives and who may want to know how to do the same. I thank the webmaster of the below link!:

Mark