Volvo 740 GLE starts then stalls after 30 seconds

Help !! I have a 740 GLE 2.3. I have replaced the intank and undercar fuel pumps and filters. The car starts up normally then quits after 30 seconds or so. It started happening as the weather started cooling down. Problem started at about 45 F. The car also has a new Air Mass Unit and the fuel injectors have been replaced.

Any help welcomed !!

Reply to
johnzab

Help !! I have a 740 GLE 2.3. I have replaced the intank and undercar fuel pumps and filters. The car starts up normally then quits after 30 seconds or so. It started happening as the weather started cooling down. Problem started at about 45 F. The car also has a new Air Mass Unit and the fuel injectors have been replaced.

Any help welcomed !!

Reply to
johnzab

My ex partner had a similar problem in his Ford van. He paid a dealership thousands, literally, in parts replacements, car rentals, and associated costs. They also replaced the various fuel pumps in his multitanked van.

It turned out that the fuel lines were partially blocked. The car would often start, and run for a while, but then die.

So checking for a blockage might be a logical next step.

Reply to
hls

Ask in alt.autos.volvo

One of the first things to check on a 740 is the relay that controls the fuel pump.

Reply to
Andy Dingley