How To Reset Odometer From Kilometers to Miles [Jeep Cherokee]

I have a 1999 Jeep Cherokee that was originally purchased in Canada and is now registered for use here in the USA. As you might guess, both the speedometer and odometer reflect kilometers instead of miles. Having the speedometer in kilometers in large numbers with miles in small numbers is not important to me, but I would prefer that the electronic readout on the odometer reflect miles. I have been told that this can be done (software or hard setting... not sure) without the odometer being reset back to zero. However, I am having difficulty finding related information. Before heading out to a Jeep dealer, does anyone have information or experience with performing such a change?

Thank you in advance for your reply... Ron (a.k.a. EC)

Reply to
EC