Hyundai Accent engine problems

My friend has a 1995 with the 12 valve engine and it has developed a bad hesitation problem. When you step on the gas at lower rpm, it chugs and has little power until the rpm gets to

2500-3000, then it acts normally. It is very bad and it's hard to drive the car. It also causes a jerking effect when the engine chugs. Has anyone had this problem before? I'm hoping it's a common problem and some Accent owners can point me to the likely cause. I'm thinking either the ignition module, or one of the sensors for the EFI.
Reply to
Jon Dalton

Had the same problem with my 95 Elantra...Turned out to be the stepper motor.... Good luck...

Reply to
Someone Else