HYUNDAI WARRANTY

We bought a 2002 Elantra GT, largely because of its generous warranty. The car developed charging system problems during the warranty period. Auto Zone stores said that the alternator was bad (bad diode pattern). Red McCombs, our dealer, said that the car just needed a new battery. I replaced the battery and it required a new one after about 13 months. Auto Zone stores checked the charging system at that time and said the alternator was bad, it was putting out 9 amps instead of about 13. Red McCombs said there was no problem, that the car was performing within Hyundai specifications. I spent a great deal of time writing and phoning Hyundai in Calfornia, all to avail. The bottom line is not to be taken in by the Hyundai generous warranty. It is only as good as the company that stands behind it. We're senior citizens who don't feel comfortable driving a vehicle that might break down at any time, especially while we're on extended road trips. Needless to say, we didn't buy a Hyundai and we didn't buy a car from Red McCombs.

Reply to
ROBERTMARKMAN

I believe that is the Red McCombs that used to own the Minnesota Vikings. My advice "look out".

Reply to
Bruce W. Ellis