idiots driving after tyre delamination

I heard a police helicopter, and went outside. Then police sirens and saw a (stolen) Jaguar XJ fishtailing towards me, following by two PPVs. One of the tyres delaminated as it went past me. The Jaguar knocked over a traffic light at the next instersection, obviously couldn't control it very well. It wasn't being driven that fast, the cops were tailgating it. Somehow the Jag continued swerving for another mile when it hit a power pole then bounced into a BMW X5.

Reply to
pedro1492

Perhaps he hoped that the cops would give up before he lost complete control.

Reply to
The Real Bev

This just goes to show you that you shouldn't put cheap S-rated tires on a performance car.

I had a similar if less-dramatic example happen to me once, when a couple of poorly-prepared kids stole my Chrysler Laser, not realizing that the head gasket was blown, the alternator was disconnected, and there was only a trickle of gas left in the tank. They found themselves unable to outrun the police.

This makes it all clear that before you steal any car you should get a ten-point inspection.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Was it a black guy? Those guys tend to get beaten or shot at the end of police chases. My guess is that ruining a tire might not be that big of a concern at the time. It makes a whole lot of sense to me.

Reply to
dsi1