Tyre pressures

The Handbook for my 1996 Defender tdi 90 says that rear pressure on 205r16's should be 35 psi and for 7.50x16's 40 psi

What should I use for 235/85r16's - presumably the higher pressure for the 7.50x16's is because they would be cross-plys 7

I have standard Landrover alloy wheels

Thanks

Julian

Reply to
Julian Pollard

Something with more HTML code than informative text...

Do what every body else does? Pick sensible figures, guided by the book, then monitor tyre wear and adjust accordingly. The DII front book pressure is too low...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The Handbook for my 1996 Defender tdi 90 says that rear pressure on 205r16's should be 35 psi and for 7.50x16's 40 psi

What should I use for 235/85r16's - presumably the higher pressure for the

7.50x16's is because they would be cross-plys 7

I have standard Landrover alloy wheels

Thanks

Julian

I have a 2003 90 td5 pick-up. It's been on 235/85 Grabber TRs all it's life. The handbook says 28 psi front & 38 psi rear and that's what I've used. On the rare occasion that it's not loaded, the back can feel a bit "raunchy" but no other problems. The tyres have worn even & worn well. Joskin.

Reply to
Joskin

Not a clue, depends what it's used for, how it's loaded etc ...

My Disco, 31 x 10.5 x 15 BFG AT's runs on the road at 30 - 34 ish depending on load.

Off-road anywhere from 12-14 psi upwards ... depending on load and terrain.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

In message , Joskin writes

2010 Defender 90 All models Rear 38, front 30 according to Handbook. Maybe that's due to different engine weight.
Reply to
hugh