idiots

I have just been having a quick read, for fun, of the "Allegiance against urban 4x4's". They are selling / downloading official looking parking tickets which state that you are driving a very unfriendly car, (this is not an exact quote) etc etc. I was wondering if I found one of these placed under my wiper, or glued on my windscreen could I sue? Failing that could I park my unfriendly 4x4 on their foot whilst smoking my cigar?

Reply to
Cyberwraith

If I find someone stupid enough to touch mine I shall be displaying for their benefit just how unfriendly I can be; also how medically expert I can be at inserting said notice in unseen areas of their person.

Reply to
Hirsty's

I'd be prepared to bet you won't see many of them this winter in North Yorkshire, even in the urban bits...

I notice that the LR Defender doesn't make it onto their shit list.

Reply to
William Black

Not sure if thats a compliment or crass stupidity on their part.

Same people who are against many things until they or theirs need its benefits then they go all quiet and use up the needed supply.

Was born overseas; in the country a book was written that in many ways changed it. When the author died his widow got out quick because she was'nt enamoured with the changes.

I'm getting tired of weekend warriors who salve their consience with good deeds at others expense. I wonder how many of them complain to food manufacturers about un-needed packaging which plloutes the p,anet and causes massive deforestation.

Oops !! not really LR related .......... sorry

Reply to
Hirsty's

Probably deliberate.

It's not good policy to try and make friends with the government AND say that the vehicle they buy more of than any other is a polluting environment destroying monster.

Reply to
William Black

Unlawful interference with a motor vehicle? Under NZ law (which is still pretty close to British law) that one fits and has been successfully used in a similar situation. It's just a case of finding a plod with enough time and a SOH to get the paperwork started.

Reply to
EMB

The trouble is we all do the "do as I say, not as I do" thing to some extent! The one that's bugging me this week (Cpl. 123456 Smith of the 63rd Hobby Horse Division) is the musician type (I forget the name) on telly telling us we should all be saving the planet, yet his group use enough power at one gig to run a reasonably sized village for a week, and entire fleet of trucks to move their gear, plus the jetting about just to do an interview (to promote sales, no doubt). I'd far far more impressed if he'd just done a tour with half a dozen locally hired spot lights and a minibus, with the interviews done over the phone, i.e only what was actually *needed* - then I couldn't argue with him!

Many moons ago I used to work the bars at Glastonbury and the like. The best one was the Shepton Mallet Greens festival. Absolutely *no* generators allowed - until they realised warm larger doesn't work.....

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Tsk, real ale from local breweries would have been a good idea, Hop Back is just around the corner IIRC. Then again I suppose most trendy greens would want bottled bavarian shit ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

They are Sailsbury, unless they've moved - I don't think they existed then anyway. All the bitter we sold was cask conditioned (though the first day's worth was racked bright, which some say isn't "proper"), all from smaller breweries - you name it, we sold it at one time or another.

These were mostly hard-core greens - living an alternative life style (which was pretty shit). Paid for by us of course (on the dole).

Whatever you do, don't point out to one of their "musicians" that accoustic guitars should have cat-gut strings to be really green........ ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

OK, I thought they had something further out west, I was told you can buy kegs from somewhere around that area.

I've met a fair few of those, living on narrowboats or large busses. I can remember walking out of my room to find two of them unexpectedly fixing an old moped in my hallway, and having trouble from a neighbour when the girl angle-ground the top off a morris minor van right next to their house late at night.

.. or that double-decker busses are hardly environmentally friendly when all they ever carry are two stinky hippies and a shivering dog!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:33:26 +0000, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

I thought you were talking about axles, for a moment there.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Looks like they have gone to quite a lot of effort!!!

Wankers.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Looks like someone's spotted more of a business opportunity than an environmental cause, exploiting the petty hatred of others for financial gain.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Well... you could always buy some

stickers :-) I've got a t-shirt too .... with a HUGE logo on the back and my name on the front, cos I ain't scared of those little sh*ts .....

-- Neil

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Yup I have the sticker in the back of my Disco.

Reply to
Cyberwraith

Some will remember "stamp out The Beatles"

Reply to
William Tasso

|| On 28/10/2006 14:32, Cyberwraith wrote: ||| I have just been having a quick read, for fun, of the "Allegiance ||| against urban 4x4's". They are selling / downloading official ||| looking parking tickets which state that you are driving a very ||| unfriendly car, (this is not an exact quote) etc etc. I was ||| wondering if I found one of these placed under my wiper, or glued ||| on my windscreen could I sue? Failing that could I park my ||| unfriendly 4x4 on their foot whilst smoking my cigar? ||| ||| ||

That's an insult to those who like the odd session with Madam Palm and her five lovely daughters.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

|| "Neil Brownlee" wrote in || message news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com... ||| Well... you could always buy some

stickers :-) ||| I've got ||| a t-shirt too .... with a HUGE logo on the back and my name on the ||| front, cos I ain't scared of those little sh*ts ..... ||| ||| -- ||| Neil ||| ||| || || Yup I have the sticker in the back of my Disco.

Couldn't see any stickers or t-shirts on the site - could you give a pointer?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

This has been a day of bad news..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I copied the circular blue logo, did some slight work on it, then printed it onto some white self adhesive vinyl and finally stuck it in mi window. Know nowt about T - shirts though, sorry.

Reply to
Cyberwraith