Installing an altinator in 1985 Sadan Deville Caddy

I had to replace my water pump and had to remove the altinator the job took along time and I dont remember how the bolts go, washers and spacers. I stripped the treds on the casing on the altinator. I tapped new treads to 5/8 and put it back together and when I started the car the belt came of b/c the altinator is not sitting straight.I had to remove the spacer on the center brace that bolts onto the motor. How can I allign the pully or lift the altinator so the belt stops coming off? Thanks, Steve-Vermont

Reply to
steve

My troll meter just shot off the top of the scale............

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner

steve wrote in article ...

In the dozens of Daniel Stern posts that I have read, not once has he had to ask somebody how to put together something that he took apart himself . Yet the first post I read from you addresses this very subject.

Skip down through the newsgroup, and you will find that Stern is a professional technician who is more than generous with his knowledge.

The mere fact that you cannot even remember something as simple as bolt location - or are not organized enough in your work habits to place things you remove in an orderly progression for re-assembly - suggests that it is be *you* who is the chat room geek who seldom - and probably shouldn't - gets his hands dirty.

Stern's observation might have cut you deeply, but I believe it is right on. And I, for one, share his intolerance of stupidity.

Ignorance of any subject can be cured with education, but stupidity is forever.

I believe he was being more than kind suggesting that you might actually be using wrenches. Put your vise grips down before you create even more damage.

Bob Paulin - R.A.C.E. Chassis Analysis Services

Reply to
Bob Paulin