Japan radiators ( Toyo, Denso ) have a wrong design

Hot coolant enters @ centre of top of radiator, exits @ 1 bottom corner, i.e. coolant can flow from centre top to 1 bottom corner & exit earlier than if coolant enters @ opposite top corner & must flow downward & sideward along the whole width of radiator, as in

This wrong design is 1 reason why japanese engines are usually too hot ( far hotter than optimal ) in warm / hot climate esp when under a hot sun when aircon refridgerant's radiator pushes out massive heat toward engine, then [1] air intake ( heated by coolant ) will be too hot ( can't expand much ) so torque will drop after coolant overheats, [2] fuel *injectors when idle will be too hot & dry off petrol inside fast so the wax in petrol will clog *' nozzles til petrol mist sprayed is too coarse to burn fast, then [i] engine will be hard to start [ii] detergent added by user can't dissolve all of this wax ( accumulate too fast ) in city use. [3] o-ring / gasket / belts made of rubber ( organic / synthetic ) will harden / crack ( i.e. leakage of fluid / oil ) sooner than necessary.

Reply to
TE Cheah

Study fluid flow some more. Your description of flow only applies when there is no fluid flow restriction. Passage restriction evens the flow through the radiator.

Almost all cars have air conditioning, and systems are designed with this in mind.

(2) Fuel dries off inside injectors???? What is the boiling point of gasoline under 43 PSI?? Do you know??

Steve Walker

| Passage restriction evens the flow through the radiator. Neither my Toyo / Denso radiator has any restriction, which I tried to find.

| Almost all cars have air conditioning Most ( esp cheaper ) cars in temperate climate with dry air have no aircon ; in summer users can lower windows & already get enough cooling.

| systems are designed with this in mind.

99% of japanese cars in msia have not even an air vent to let out heat , & their temperature gauges have no calibration, to hide over heating in a warm / hot climate. Honda city does not even have a tmprtre gauge.

| What is the boiling point of gasoline under 43 PSI? Petrol need not boil to evaporate, can evaporate even in 43 psi, let alone when heated. Pressure ends in just a few minutes after pump is turned off

injectors can't cool this fast.
describes this heat problem with injectors, which I find true.

TE Cheah

"TE Cheah" wrote in news:4bca16c7$1 snipped-for-privacy@news.tm.net.my:

How did you "try to find" the restriction? I believe total radiator-cooling-tube cross-sectional area equals or exceeds rad-hose cross-sectional area.

Radiators have a heat gradient that expands in area as heat builds in the system. At first only a patch of the rad will be hot; eventually, given enough heat, the entire rad will be hot; at that point, the rad is operating at peak efficiency.

Modern cooling systems are amazingly efficient in getting rid of engine heat. These days, the science of heat-exchanging is so well-understood and so well-executed that cars now never overheat unless the cooling system is abused or neglected, or something is badly out-of-order.

Compared to the engine's own heat, the A/C evaporator puts out just about nothing. Applying cast-off A/C heat to the engine's radiator has no practical effect on the engine's temperature.

American cars for years typically had just an idiot-light for temperature reporting. I always believed that was utterly stupid design. Automakers seem to have come to the same conclusion, since just about every car now has a gauge.

Gasoline does not "evaporate" from the injectors because the pintles are closed when not actually activated. You can pull injectors from a car that has been sitting for months and find them still full of liquid gasoline.

FI systems can maintain positive pressure on the fuel in the lines for at least a day, if not more.

I knew bored (or drunk) Malaysians would post idle nonsense in the hopes of drawing fools like me into a useless debate. Or maybe your real name is Keith P. Walsh.

Reply to
Tegger