knocking sound/front end/ slow turn buick

Hi,

I have a Buick 93 regal with 3.8 and I've noticed that while turning very slowly, [like in a parking lot], usually left, while going up or downhill, there is an odd, dull knocking jitter sound that comes from the front end. It is not that loud and you have to turn off the radio in order to hear it. I had a mechanic drive it and he said he heard it but could not find anything wrong. He suggested

I take it to a dealer. I had the strut cartridges replaced about 2 years ago and they are still fairly firm. It does not make this noise when I go over a bumpy road. It only seems to do this in a slow left turn that is up or down an incline. Does this point to anything obvious or do I need to get a full checkup on the front end?

thanks,

itchy

Reply to
itchyneebanshee

I would get a check up on the front end. My guess would be a control arm bushing, or a rack and pinion bushing. If you had it to a dealer they should have at least checked for the obvious. (ie tie rods, ball joints, struts/mounts) Bushings often go undetected.

Chris

Reply to
blur