Knocking noise - front suspension - Nissan Sunny

So there I was trolling along a country lane at a lesiurely pace, wife and 18 month old in the car - when on roundinga corner at 30mph we find a f**king great tractor in the road.

Honestly - 30mph - actually less as was braking froa turn coming up I knew I had to take.

Choice - tractor or go left.

Left = big pothole which I hit comparatively hard.

Since then - knocking coming from front of car. Checked evertying over - and just for sanity - called in at ATS to check nothing major had come off - anti-roll bars all ok - struts/springs etc all alright.

However, it's still clunking on lumps in the road - sounds like a thunk - nothing rubbing.

Anyone got any thoughts?

ATS bloke said all things that could create a danger are fine - so not to worrry - and they can take a look later in the week.

Anyone suggest things to check?

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

The message from Dan delaMare-Lyon contains these words:

Battery? Engine mount?

Reply to
Guy King

Will check the battery tomorrow morning - and I can't see any damage to engine mounts.

Wondering whether I'v dislodged bushes on the anti-roll bars?

Wondering if there are any bushes. Damn library has taken the book back about the car - so I can't check there - so it's guess work until the weekend until I can get a better look at things.

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

If it is worse turning one way than the other, and there is nothing loose, its the UJ.

If you get a loud clonk, especially when turning on uneven road, its most likely to be the front spring rotating on its socket or a broken spring. A broken spring sounds about right considering the pot hole!

Good luck

Reply to
Blown Fuse