Look for standard name of an auto part

This is a small pad, always attaching to the key ring together with the key. There are two or more buttons on this pad, for locking and unlocking the door, and opening the trunk respectively. My daughter lost this pad for her car, but she is not around. I have to order a new one, thus must know its name.

Thanks for information. Fulio Pen

Reply to
Fulio Pen

====== ======

Where you gonna order it from?

~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a sip of crownroyal.....eagerly awaits your reply~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

"Try searching under keyless entry or keyless remote.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Remote Fob Key Fob Alarm Fob

are a couple terms often used.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

My sincere thanks to all of you for your help.

Fulio Pen

Reply to
Fulio Pen

If you have another one to go by, find an exact duplicate on Ebay--numbers and all-- and email the Ebay link to me. Christmas could possibly come early. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

The one I most often use is "waste of space in my pocket." What the hell was wrong with a *KEY* and why are so many carmakers not even including key locks on trunks and passenger side doors any longer, forcing us to carry those stupid things? And worse yet, they are building the stupid fob into the key itself.

/end curmudgeon's rant.

Reply to
Steve

Steve, according to my sister, that is so that Lexus can charge $175 ( or was it $275?) for one key which must've had the fob built-in. Then, for another $20-or-so, she could buy the 2nd one. ...and don't anyone else dare suggest it, as I already told her to just buy the 2nd one, but Lexus didn't go for it! s

Reply to
sdlomi2