Looking for a short air jack

I have to have one of these portable hydraulic air bottle jacks for my car. The problem is that they're all over 9 inches high. 8-8.5 inches would be more useful. Does such a thing exist?

Reply to
Justin Gombos

"Justin Gombos" wrote

What do you mean, "hydraulic air"?

MasterBlaster

I'm referring to a device like this one:

But it seems the min height on all those is over 9 inches, so I might have to go with something like this instead:

Justin Gombos

One nice thing about most of the hydraulic air bottle jacks is they will operate w/ either air power or manual. It's a bummer that all of them have a min height of 9 inches. I'll try to find some points on my car that are higher than 9 inches and will support a jack; that way I won't be tempted to buy the jacks that is completely reliant on electrics.

Reply to
Justin Gombos

That is one odd ball looking rig....

I wouldn't ever buy an 'electric' jack.... Power tools just have this nasty tendency not to work when most needed or for there to be no power when needed.

I have an electric winch on my Jeep, but I won't go on any trail without my manual cable winch just in case.

Mike

Just>

Reply to
Mike Romain

If you have a flat, 9" might be hard to find on most vehicles.

Mike

Mike Romain

Not trying to sound like a wiseguy, but if you are only short by an inch or so, why not run the applicable wheel(s) up onto some hunks of

2 x 10 lumber before you start, to get the extra clearance??

Regards, Al.

Reply to
Al Haunts

I guess it's worth considering, but this jack is not only for the garage, but it will be kept in the car for emergencies too - which would then require me to keep shims in the car at all times. As soon as I go to that trouble, the convenience I was looking for in the first place is diminished, and I might as well get a fully manual jack that's the right hight.

Reply to
Justin Gombos