Loose MAP sensor? (Cavalier)

('99 Cavalier, 2.2L) The car is showing an intermittent TPS 'low voltage' code. When I went to look at the TPS, I noticed that the MAP sensor (right below the TPS on the throttle body) is loose: it rotates around with negligeable force.

The (MAP) sensor doesn't seem to be screwed in or anything, and hte book just says to "remove it" (not "take out the screws ..."), so I'm thinking this may be normal. It sure seems weird, though.

Does anyone know?

Thanks, G

Reply to
George

The MAP just plugs into a silicone bushing in the intake. No screws/clamps or anything.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks. I'll assume it's OK.

George