LS1 to a 42LE transaxle

I am working on a custom build of a mid engine car. I have but a 42LE tranaxle from a 2000 chrysler 300 onto a 2001 corvett LS1 motor. Does anyone know where I could get some help with the wiring to make this set up fuction. I could make it shift manually but that defeats the dream.

Reply to
Bruce

How about making it a bit easier and using the transaxle from a '06-'10 Monte Carlo or Impala SS with the 5.3 in it? Might need to do some adaption with the converter but the wiring would be close to drop in, just some custom ECM programming to make the 5.3 ecm control the LS1 engine.

Reply to
Steve W.

i think that with a hybrid like this, since you can't get the vette engine module to control the the chrysler trans, and you can't get the chrysler module to control the vette engine so i'd say you're looking at megasquirt/megashift for the whole thing.

Reply to
jim beam

I can't stand when people say just use this transmission and not the 42le thats what he has just give the man a answer for that or keep your mouth shut

Reply to
Will

I agree with you, but the post you replied to is 8 years old.

Reply to
Ken Olson

What is the torque rating? I believe the second digit is Chrylser's rating. 2 is then 1 more the lowest. LS1 -> 475 Nm

Reply to
Heinrich Himmler