Mercury Villager ECU

I have a question - can you replace any Villager 1994 ECU with another Villager 1994 ECU? or do you have to make sure the code on the ECU match? for reasons there's overdrive on some cars and there's power windows on some and not on others, etc, etc. Also are the Quest's ECU the same as the Villager? I'm looking for a used one from auto wreckers and I'm getting conflicting information. I don't want to buy one and it not work.

Laura

Reply to
Laura