1996 Mercury Villager Airbag Warning Light Flashing

Hi,

I have a 1996 Mercury Villager. The airbag warning light starts to flash about

3-5 seconds after the car is started. The light keeps flashing continuously.

This problem started happening today. Two days ago, the car underwent some repair in a dealer because the brake light and the battery light came on together. They did extensive diagnosis in the electricity system and found a blue wire to regulator to 10 AMP fuse with an open trace harness. The wire was repaired and the brake/battery lights went off. I did not have the problem with the airbag light before I took the car to the dealer.

Any suggestions about the cause of the flashing airbag warning light and the cost of getting the car fixed? Is this related to the recent repair done by the dealer?

Thanks a lot.

Regards, Jonathan_nj

Reply to
jonathan_nj

about 3-5 seconds after the car is started. The light keeps flashing continuously.

some repair in a dealer because the brake light and the battery light came on together. They did extensive diagnosis in the electricity system and found a blue wire to regulator to 10 AMP fuse with an open trace harness. The wire was repaired and the brake/battery lights went off. I did not have the problem with the airbag light before I took the car to the dealer.

the cost of getting the car fixed? Is this related to the recent repair done by the dealer?

Reply to
Bob Manly