Mobil 1, 0W-40 oil, is it any good?

We have a 2001 Lexus GS 400. It has been recommended that we change to Mobil 1,

0W-40 European car formula oil and change oil & filter once a year. We use PureONE oil filters exclusively. The auto is used mainly for trips of over 100 miles with very little around town driving, It will accumulate approximately 9000 miles per year. What are the experts thoughts on the mater?

********************************* Thank you. snipped-for-privacy@msbx.net

Reply to
KG

What is the recommended oil SAE grade, API/ACEA/manufacturer rating, and change interval listed in the owner's manual? You may want to take that into consideration when deciding what oil to use and when the change it.

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

Hello KG,

Though I do not consider myself an expert, I have worked on my own cars and other people's cars for about 33+ years. I have also recently done research on different oils so that I can protect the ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) in my own vehicle for a long time. I have started using Mobil 1 10W-30 in my vehicle in the summer months and

5W-30 in the winter months. I believe my vehicle has too many and somewhat abused miles on it to use the 0W-40 oil.

In my opinion, the Mobil 1 oils are some of the best oils on the market you should use it with confidence.

I have been experimenting with running my 1986 Jeep Cherokee w/ 2.8L on hydrogen (not much luck yet) and I needed extra protection for it, which is why I decided to research what the best oil would be. Though my first choice was to use Amsoil, I decided to go with Mobil 1 because of the availability and the rep it has gotten for being an excellent synthetic oil.

My personal opinion would be to change your oil twice a year instead of once a year. Change it just before the cold weather in your area sets in and just before the hot weather in your area sets in and you will have your vehicle protect to the max.

There are other things you could do to be able to change your oil only once a year but that's a whole other story.

I am a member of several other groups and just discovered this one. I only reply to things I feel confident with. This is one of those things. I will try to get back to this group before long and read some more.

Regards, Robert

oil filters

little around

the experts

Reply to
Robert

the experts

SOunds like a perfectly good plan to me. Mobile one should easily be good for 12 months/12,000 mile schedule.

Reply to
AZGuy