Mufflers.

My 1978 Dodge full size van and my 1983 Dodge full size van both have

318 engines and automatic transmissions.1978 Dodge van has one muffler.1983 Dodge van has a catalytic converter and two mufflers.Is there a good reason/advantage for two mufflers on that van? cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin

You have been panning automatic trannies for the past year or so. WTF????

Reply to
hls

I don't know, but I will say that two mufflers are absolutely essential on the VW bug. Also a heavy jacket, a hat, and a couple scarves. Without them you will just freeze solid in the winter.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Looking at your exhaust diagram the picture shows one muffler and two converters for the '83 Dodge. Your Y pipe has one converter in it, and that is another converter in front of the muffler according to the AP Exhaust website.

Reply to
m6onz5a

Apparently you don't read rec.radio.shortwave for some more of cuhulin's wit and mostly off-topic subjects. Just be thankful you don't have to hear about his "doggy" and its antics.

Reply to
sctvguy1
1983 Dodge full size van.From the cross over pipe there is one catalytic converter on the tail pipe and and behind that is what looks to me like two mufflers on the tail pipe. cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin

It sounds like that is not an original system on that van.. Every listing I show for that year has one converter in the Y pipe on the drivers side, or no converter in the Y pipe, then a single converter, then the muffler, then a tail pipe.

when it comes down to it just put on something that fits..

Reply to
m6onz5a

He seems to just avoid posts that he doesnt want to hear about. Is he a ham radio operator? (Doubt) I used to be, but let my license drop.

Reply to
hls