NASCAR news

Bandit. Smokey and the BANDIT.

A little respect for 70s cheese, please. :-)

Reply to
Steve

Steve wrote in news:TbCdnQIqtsmBikfUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@texas.net:

Arrgh. That's right it was BJ and the bear - a totally forgettable trucker movie (and worse TV series as I recall).

Reply to
fred

Yeah, I have *no* respect for 80's cheese... :-)

Reply to
Steve

No big deal, just opens up more TV slots on weekends for "magnum P.I." reruns.

Why, I wonder, has the focus of the media, Obama, The Fed, Whitehouse Staff, Cabinet shifted away from the financial institutions massive fraud scamming and the associated executive accountability of the people who were driving those "nascars". At least the automotive industry wasn't trying to scam the public customers, ands didn't try to lie their way out of the situation.

It seems that the need to enforce the law has gone silent, the auto industry is a convenient distraction to entertain US citizens while those in the middle of the financial debacle live off the incomes they stole from working class Americans.

My guess would be that about the time Obama began to de emphasize the financial industry collapse was about the same time he likely discovered that in every case there was a member of congress squarely in the middle of the situation and knowledgeable of the fraud being perpetrated. However, they chose to abandon loyalty to their voting citizens in favor of huge campaign contributions and who knows what else going on under the table.

In 2004 the FBI notified the FED of the pending implosion of the financial system unless the lending institutions were reigned in and prosecuted for creating worthless mortgages by scamming their customers using fraudulent tactics.

The only "rationale" I hear coming from executive management within the financial fraud scams are: "We had to do it or we would not be able to keep up with our competitors, they would pass us by, we would go out of business!"

Yeah, right. What a crock.

Too bad they weren't playing Russian Roulette.

Reply to
Joe Brophy