Need help w/GM seat belt, please.

My passenger side seat belt is jammed on my 1986 Chevy S-10. It is the actual seat belt side that is jammed, in other words, the front retractor, not the shoulder one. The belt was twisted, and I have tried feeding it back onto the spool in order to get it to realease, but the belt ended up wrapping around the ratchet so no joy there. I also tried removing the whole assembly, but there are no flats to attach a socket to underneath the body, only a reinforcement plate with a round threaded collar on the stud. How do you get the assembly off if you are unable to release it? Where could I find a schematic for this? I am pretty well set for tools, but I don't want to start mangling things up if there is an easier way. Thanks for any help, advice, or moral support you can supply.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Pilcher

(snippage)

Just found the release and managed to get the belt straightened out. Lubed everything up thoroughly so I am hopeful this problem won't reoccur in the near future. Thanks anyway.

Sally sells sea shells by the sea shore because rough men stand ready to do violence on her behalf.

Reply to
Mark Pilcher