2000 TJ Rear Seat Belt Retractor Problem

What is a TJ ??

Reply to
James Nipper

I removed my rear seat belt retractors to install a tire carrier that required me to temporarily remove the retractors. The driver side retractor has taken up all the loose belt and I can not pull the belt out to reinstall the retractor into the roll bar. What do I do to release the belt? Many thanks!

Reply to
JeePenn
97+ wrangler
Reply to
Dave Milne

A TJ is a 1997 - 2003 Jeep Wrangler.

Reply to
JeePenn

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Hey, hey, hey! Bill, you always brighten my day! (hey, that rhymes!) Bill, back to my problem....what is my solution?

Reply to
JeePenn

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

JeePenn did pass the time by typing:

Tried tugging it sharply a couple of times?

Some retractors have an impact lock mechanisim that's based on the retractor being in a certain orentation. Try holding it like it should go in and tugging the belt.

(just a guess, been a while since I worked on one like that)

Reply to
DougW

Same thing happened to me, But when I bolted then back onto the roll bar (the seat belt assembly) it mystically started working, must be something internal to the unit of just FM.

L8r - Jersey

Reply to
Jersey

Reply to