seat belt question

for an '02 camry LE......

since i'm not a seat belt wearer, i'm looking to stop that annoying blinking light on the dash. what i'm hoping to find is the( male part) part that clicks into the seat belt latch, so the sensor will think the sealt belt is latched. i tried the dealer but i have to buy the whole seat belt assembly and the cost is way too much, and the car is too new for the local junk yards to have. is there any way to find out if there are interchangable years or anything like that??

mike...........

Reply to
JerseyMike

You might just have to remove the Instrument Cluster and remove the bulb....

Reply to
hachiroku

I suggest to just wear your selt belt. I apologize if I sounded like your father. I understand that you have free will. Just keep in mind, that you may still get ticketed at certain states.

Reply to
Viperkiller

JerseyMike wrote: || for an '02 camry LE...... || || since i'm not a seat belt wearer, i'm looking to stop that annoying || blinking light on the dash. what i'm hoping to find is the( male || part) part that clicks into the seat belt latch, so the sensor will || think the sealt belt is latched. i tried the dealer but i have to || buy the whole seat belt assembly and the cost is way too much, and || the car is too new for the local junk yards to have. is there any || way to find out if there are interchangable years or anything like || that?? || || || mike...........

Another asshole who thinks he's immune to physics. Why should ANYONE enable you in your insanity?

Reply to
Libe|ralsarelairs|

Viperkiller wrote: || On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 01:23:39 GMT, hachiroku wrote: || ||| On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:07:17 +0000, JerseyMike wrote: ||| |||| for an '02 camry LE...... |||| |||| since i'm not a seat belt wearer, i'm looking to stop that |||| annoying blinking light on the dash. what i'm hoping to find is |||| the( male part) part that clicks into the seat belt latch, so the |||| sensor will think the sealt belt is latched. i tried the dealer |||| but i have to buy the whole seat belt assembly and the cost is way |||| too much, and the car is too new for the local junk yards to have. |||| is there any way to find out if there are interchangable years or |||| anything like that?? |||| |||| |||| mike........... ||| ||| You might just have to remove the Instrument Cluster and remove the ||| bulb.... || || I suggest to just wear your selt belt. I apologize if I sounded like || your father. I understand that you have free will. Just keep in || mind, that you may still get ticketed at certain states.

The problem is that if anyone bumps into him, and it is the OTHER driver's fault, the OTHER driver will be in shit big time because of the far greater injuries suffered by Mike, who will probably lie that he WAS wearing the belt.

Reply to
Libe|ralsarelairs|

"Libe|ralsarelairs| !|"

Reply to
JerseyMike

"Libe|ralsarelairs| !|"

Reply to
JerseyMike

Reply to
hachiroku

blinking

is

assembly

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

Unless, of course, it is the law where he is driving at the time.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

If he gets injured in a crash that isn't his fault, his lack of a seat belt would certainly be good for the 'at fault' driver.

In 15 states (Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, West Virginia, and Wisconsin), the safety belt defense is allowed. Damages collected by someone in a crash may be reduced for failure to use a belt.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

It's a law where I am and I don't wear it!

Even the Staties usually look the other way!

Reply to
hachiroku

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 07:44:23 GMT, "Libe|ralsarelairs|"

Reply to
MisterSkippy

blinking

is

assembly

i'm not trying to kick off the great seat belt debate, i'm just looking for some info. i really appreciate all the concern for my well being and stuff, but i don't wear a seat belt and that's my business. now if anyone can tell me if the part for an '02 camry i was asking about is avail or interchangable w/ another year i would appreciate that also. if not i might have to make my own outta a piece of aluminum or something, i just didn't think something like this would be so difficult.

mike..........

Reply to
JerseyMike

Go to the wrecking yard, get the end of a seatbelt - the metal end that loops onto the belt. Cut the wrecked belt and insert the metal tab into your seatbelt holder. FWIW If you rolled in a Camry and were hanging upside down, the seat belt buckle would still release. Your prior experience was based on an old design. You're far more likely to suffer injury or death without a seat belt to keep your body from flopping around if the car is severely jostled. Probably increases chances of injury from air bag deployment also, so next you'll be asking how to turn off the air bag light. Obiously it is your choice, just doesn't sound like a very wise one. Doesn't take long to adjust to wearing a seat belt to where you'll feel uncomfortable without one. The old belts didn't move like current versions. If you were really concerned about being trapped in the belt, just keep a razor knife taped in the door pocket. But again, unlikely you'd need it in a Camry.They don't have the old hasp style that locks up under tension. The push button release has enough leverage to release from the side even if the main belt in under tension.

Reply to
Daniel

Is there any way you can run the belt under the seat and hook it up ?

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN

i ran it around the back, but it was a pain in the butt to un do when my wife wanted to use the car, i can only inagine what the under the seat deal would be like for her to un-do. thanks for the idea though.

mike...........

Reply to
JerseyMike

You're whistling in the wind on this subject. You think the OP cares?

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Quick question. What do you think would have happened if you hadn't been wearing the seat belt in that van?

Reply to
legalgenius56

who cares!! the point is i couldn't get out w/o help from someone else, and there were 2 full fuel tanks leaking gas on the ground! if you can't put any help to my QUESTION, mind your own business.

Reply to
JerseyMike