Need help with a Horse Trailer [Breaks]

Hi All We recently purchased a used Horse Trailer (aren't they all?) and would like to work on the drum breaks. There is some resistance in the wheels when we try to turn them while it's jacked up and have been unable to determain if the electric breaking system is working.

Unfortunately none of us has any experience with "drum" breaks and someone told me that there is a difference between the drum breaks on a trailer and those found on cars. I have been looking on-line and have found nothing instructional which deals SPECIFICALLY with "trailer" breaks or breaking systems.

If anyone has any instructions or valuable links please contact me either here or privately.

Thanks Greg Wotton --- Remove "_NOSPAM_" from reply e-mail address ---

Reply to
Greg Wotton

Some are electric, some are hydraulic. Which do you have??? Haven't seen any hydraulic ones for awhile but you can tell them by the master cyl. on the tongue. Most modern day systems are electric. Let us know, we'll tell ya how they work.

Reply to
PA-ter