Nissan Nx

My '91 nissan nx has a/c when I start it and while I am driving around it shuts off. The next time I am in there driving around again it is cool, but then again shuts off. The fan continues to blow, but the air is warm.

What is up with that? Baffling.

Mike

Reply to
mike

are you fully charged?

Reply to
tudysmuck

Compressor is cycling. First check the wire to the clutch. If that is okay, check the charge. If the charge is okay, there may be a restriction (clogged orifice tube, clogged condenser, etc) sending the high side pressure through the roof and/or pulling air into the low side. Go to forums at

for better help :)

Reply to
Ryan Underwood

It ran out last year, and early this summer I had some more freon put in. I'd say it was charged about 2 1/2 months ago.

Reply to
mike

Check to make sure the wire is not shoritng out and has a good connection?

I need a a/c meter to do this don't I?

Where is the orifice tub located?

Yeppers, I registered and posted there as well.

Reply to
mike