Nissan Micra Heater

We run a clapped out, G-reg Micra. Recently the heater has stared to only blow cold air and with the recent cold spell this makes it difficult to keep the windscreen clear.

As I understand it, the heater takes it's warm air from the radiator, but I am unsure as to where to start looking for the problem. There seems little info. in the Haynes manual.

Any ideas?

Reply to
ritz

first check, is it full of coolant?

At the back of the engine bay there will be two pipes (black rubber about 35 mm od which feed hot water to the heater , since the heater radiator may be blocked, disconnect them both and connect a hose to one or the other and run water through, if it goes through one way try the other, when it runs clear and free both ways the heater is not blocked, if it still won't work after reconnecting the pipes, refilling with antifreeze etc, then have a look for any valves in the pipework which may have failed/crudded up.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks for the info. I'll try that over the weekend.

Reply to
ritz

The system is a beast to get all the air out of. I remember disconnecting the heater hoses at the firewall with the engine running to get the last bubbles out.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

Well, that seemed to work. I had to give the matrix a couple of flushes but we are now getting hot air into the cabin! Thanks again.

Reply to
ritz