Nissan (Quest) heater blowing only warm not hot...

My buddy asked me about his 3.0L V6 Quest (mini van), says it blows only warm, sometimes hot, sometimes cool. I told him to check the coolant level, anything else simple that can be checked?

Thanks!

Dean

Reply to
Dean

Mike Walsh

I believe the thermostat ought to be FULLY OPEN at its rated temperature. It will begin to open some 20F or so /below/ its rated tepmerature.

Reply to
Hugo Schmeisser

Check the thermostat. If you don't have a proper engine temperature gauge, the engine may be running too cool to give proper heat and you wouldn't know it.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Can't we just look at the engine temp and see if its in the middle?

Reply to
Dean

Sounds like you didnt get much help with your problem I was just woundering if your friend ever got it to work properly?? I got a 94 Grand Am that does the same thing and its not the thermostat. Its not the heads either or the radiator. I posted one also on my car.

Reply to
SherBear

It was the coolant level being low. At least he thinks it was, its hard to get much out of him as he knows nothing at all about cars and doesn't listen to what the mecahnic says.

Reply to
Dean