Nissan Sentra 2000 - RPM indicator stopped functioning

Hi There, This morning on the highway, the rpm indicator stopped funcitioning and when I got out of the highway and stopped at a red light, the car died on me. After 5 minutes the car started. All the engine warning messages (service engine, battery) came on. Managed to drive it to work. This evening the car refused to start. The battery seems ok as the engine turns over when I attempt to start it. But, there is no rpm (according to the tachometer). My colleague listened to the turning and told me there is no electrical problem. But, may be the fuel pump is not functioning. What is happening?? Can some1 help me??? Got a ride back from work and have a ride to work tomorrow. Hope to get assistance from the service station.

Ganesh

Reply to
Canteen Cat