1995 Nissan Pathfinder Engine RPM Tachometer Not Working

I am having trouble with my 1995 Nissan Pathfinder engine RPM tachometer. When you start the engine the tachometer will read "0" and after awhile the tachometer will start to increase and peg out. The engine is operating normal and there are no other problems or fault indication. I have check the connection on the coil and ECM, all are okay. I have not remove the tachometer yet to check it.

If anyone has run into this problem or has any ideas please let me know ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) Thanks for everyone time and help

Steve

Reply to
Steve Vintch

Some of the Nissans have a resistor in the tach line. The connections can corrode causing weird behavior. Get the shop manual and take a look at the wiring diagrams before you pull the tach out.

Reply to
JimV

Jim, Thank you for the suggestion. I looked at the factory Pathfinder service - wiring manual and did not see any resistor. Do you have any idea on the other Nissans the location of this resistor. I look around the engine compartment and did not see anything.

Reply to
Steve Vintch

Reply to
JimV