O2 Sensor in 1998 Ford Escort

My O2 Sensor is failing in my 1998 Ford Escort. Is this a simple thing to change? Any tips in changing it?

Any help will be appreciated.

- John

Reply to
John Perry

My O2 Sensor is failing in my 1998 Ford Escort. Is this a simple thing to change? Any tips in changing it?

Any help will be appreciated.

- John

Reply to
John Perry

RAFB

Reply to
AZ Nomad

What makes you think so? if you are getting errors saying the O2 sensor is out of range, it could be a bad sensor, or it COULD be that it really is out of range.

Sometimes it is a simple thing, sometimes it's a nightmare to get the old one off. Use lots of PB Blaster on the thing and a breaker bar and hope for the best if you don't have an impact wrench. When you put the new one on, put a little anti-seize on the threads.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey