oil pressure warning light

98 mazda with totally overhauled engine, all new internal parts

engine has performed flawlessly since rebuild for over a year and is silent running

used 5w-30 or 10w-30 oil, conventional for about 3k miles since rebuild and then synthetic

now oil pressure light came on and initially switched to 10w-40 oil which caused the light only stay on at low idle rpm but goes off when accelerating

will replace the oil pressure sensor tomorrow but someone suggested also to replace a small spring for the oil pump which is located under front left side cover

any other suggestions? am hoping it's just a faulty pressure sensor as I did not replace that during rebuild.

Reply to
moe s.

pick up a cheap mechanical OP gauge and find out for sure.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Put a pressure gauge on it right now. Once you have an accurate measurement with the gauge, then you can start doing diagnosis. I sure wouldn't drive it until you do.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey