Ordering New ?

Hi,

Tried this on the GM group, but no answers, so let me ask here, please.

Don't really have any cofidence in what Dealers tell me.

What is the "typical" time these days if I order a new 2009 (Buick) with the actual optiuons I want until it would be delivered to Dealership ?

Thanks, B.

Reply to
Robert11

I dont know about GM. Last year we bought a new Toyota, and had placed orders for a Camry outfitted as we wanted. Since that is a very popular and fast moving car, we went through several order cycles and the car was not made for us. They move a lot of them. Then we upgraded to the Avalon, which is a higher end, but slower selling, auto. We had it in three weeks.

The point is, I guess, that a lot may depend on what you order, and when, and from whom.

Reply to
HLS

If you don't have any confidence in what the dealer is telling you about something as simple as order lead time then why would you even consider handing over your hard earned money to dealers that you have such a low opinion of. I don't get it.

Reply to
John S.

When I bought my TA back in 2001, the dealer told me it could take a few months if we special ordered it.

They were able to find one optioned almost exactly the right way at another dealer and traded for it. (Ram Air, 6 speed, no TC, black, everything but the CD changer, which I've since taken care of.)

Unless you want something really weird, you might have a look doing it that way. IMO, unless it's a future collector car, you might not want to bother because you loose a lot of negotiating power when you need to have "that exact one" versus one of the ones on the lot, or maybe one of the ones on the lot across the street at the competition.

Ray

Reply to
Ray

Personally I'm a Subaru fan and have bought my last three out of inventory. If there is not something on the dealer's lot, I get him to search other dealer inventories and bring in closest to what I want. That way, I never wait more than a week for the new car.

Reply to
Frank