What is so special about Volvo washers?

Probably the special anticorrosion surface treatment ?

Regards,

Reply to
metaxaman

Hello

i recently orderd a new tensioner for the atlernator on my 440

went my Volvo dealers, to order new parts, as they are not stocked for my car, i had to order them for next dat delivery.

When the parts came, i was short of two washers, which had to be reordered. These washers are no stocked in the UK and i have to wait a few days for then to come from Sweden

In the mean time i cannot use my car

so i ask, what is so special about these litlle metel disks with the hole in the middle that they have to be shipped in from sweden, when i can go down B and Q and purchase a whole multitude or different sized washers and things.

Seems strange to me

Vertuas

Reply to
Vertuas

There maybe no differences in the OEM washers to other quality parts. Some OEM parts are much better quality, hardness or slightly different. Bolts being a good example. Flange head bolts are quite hard to find over here (AU) as are the harder than standard bolts volvo use in some locations.

AJS

Reply to
AJS

Hello

The fact that they are not special is probably why they are not stocked. You can probably replace them with standard washers of the same size. Just look for some with good plating, not cheap replacements.

Norm

Reply to
Norman Koller

Did you try to match up what you need? Maybe Volvo doesn't stock them in the UK parts distribution on account of the parts being readily replaced with off the shelf items.

Not knowing the details of the washer in question, one can only guess!

John

Reply to
John Horner

Excuse my cynicism... but I'd guess it to be the price!!!!

Alastair

Reply to
AB