Overheated car

I have a 98HondaCivic and there's a black gooey like substance in the coolant recovery tank and a lot of steam blowing out. Its a new radiator, new hoses, new thermostat new fan sensor and temp sensor. I don't know why it's overheating still.

Reply to
skeleton17erik

Needs a new engine. The old one is broken.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Maybe just a head gasket.

Reply to
Vic Smith

Vic Smith wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

if you have overheated it repeatedly it could have a cracked head by now. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Strange stuff in the radiator is a classic sign of a leaking head gasket. Fill the radiator to the top and start the engine. You'll probably see the coolant gush out. Replace the head gasket and change the oil.

Reply to
dsi1

Maybe. Could be cracked head, warped block, and wiped cam and crank bearings if there is water in the oil.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Oil+water is a pleasant (as long as it's not YOUR car) frothy chocolate-milk color, but what's black and gooey?

Reply to
The Real Bev

I saw that stuff in a nice-looking A4 Audi wagon. A guy had just bought it for his daughter to drive to school. That was quite a shame. People like him should never buy a car without someone like me.

Reply to
dsi1

Oil in the water is typically black and gooey. Maybe the volatiles evap off leaving the heavies. Water in the oil is the gray / brown stuff.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Never seen that. Guess I've been lucky.

Reply to