Help w/ Camry 92 4 Cyl Overheating

My camry is overheating because the fan is not coming on. Could anyone tell me where the thermo-couple switch is and fan relays are so I can check them out. Anything else I should check? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
mandmdad

Its worth the money to buy a workshop-manual (around $25-$30). The two relays, one for the AConditioner fan and the second, for normal radiator fan are in one of 4 relay/fuse boxes. Most likely, they are in either of the under-hood boxes mounted on the RHS near the air-cleaner.

The other two boxes are behind the glove box and lower dash panel.

The t/stat is mounted in the lower tank along side the fan-wiring connector. They can be seen by sliding under the front (on your back,..watch out for green-ants)

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Jason, Thanks a bunch. I will check these out and see if I can fix this little bug. - RL

Reply to
mandmdad

Turn on your AC the fans should come on. You may need a radiator pressure cap, flush, thermostat, A colapsing hose, Timing ck, try a

40-60 antifreeze, water mix.
Reply to
m Ransley

Had the same problem. Turn on the AC, both fans should come on. If the do, the problem lies in the coolant temp sensor side of the equation. I believe the coolant fan temp sensor is located in the radiator. Mine was defective. Once it was replaced the coolant fan came on as it should and the overheating stopped. This recommendation assumes you have checked all the other stuff. You know, cap thermostat, hoses for leaks, etc.

Reply to
Dan