Paints & Bodys Shop

I been wondering about paints & bodyshop...

Given there are all sorts of colors & whatnot and the premium brands all have these fancy paints, e.g my Acura has this "pearl" paint......

How does this work ???? Do body shops really stock all these different colors/types ?????

thanks

Reply to
klara

No, but a paint distributor does. A lot of the colors can be mixed up from pigments off the shelf at the body shop, but some of them (and that probably includes deep colors, kandy-flake colors, and semi-transparent stuff) probably need to be ordered from a distributor. So don't expect same-day service on a repaint job.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey