PO420

We have a 2000 Olds Bravada. The car was really performing badly. We removed my converter as a test to see if this was the problem. The performance improvement I got after doing this was incredible. Gas mileage is improved about 15 percent as well. However now I have a code PO420 which I see is related to the converter. I understand what caused this code, the small voltage generated, and compared etc. I don't plan on replacing the converter and I've seen fixes for this code but they don't pertain to GM. They involve adding a resistor and a capacitor to the four wire connector on the output O2 sensor. Does anyone have a known good procedure which will reset PO420 that pertains to GM vehicles? Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper

Yep, replace the converter which was plugged with a new one which isn't. Then repair the problem that caused the converter to fail in the first place. Or discover that you're in violation of state and federal laws in regards to tampering with the emissions system and pay the nice fine that goes with it. Oh and in the event your state does inspection the missing cat is an automatic failure and reported item.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks for the help

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper

one possibility...

Ashton Crusher

"good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. we apologize for the disturbance caused by that smoking engine alarm - we've turned the alarm off so that you no longer have to listen to it. if passengers will kindly stuff their oxygen masks back up into their overhead containers and draw the sunshades on the left side of the plane, so nobody can see anything either, we'll go ahead and keep on flying with our fingers crossed. thank you for your cooperation."

Reply to
jim beam

have another drink

Reply to