Problem when engine is idling

Hello,

From yesterday I am seeing that when I am waiting at a traffic signal for a few minutes, my car is behaving unusually. Either it starts vibrating or makes unusual sound or the engine even stopped on two occasions. Anyone has any idea about what can be the problem? I would like to get some idea before taking it for repair.

Here is a little information on what I am seeing over the past few months. About a couple of months ago, the engine light turned on. I diagnosed it myself and from the code it appearing that the MAF sensor needs to be cleaned. I got it cleaned but the engine light has been on even after that. Also, from the past two weeks I am seeing that the brake light is on even while driving. I don't know what's going on with the car. It's a '98 Ford Taurus and the mileage is over 101K. Maybe all the above problems are related? Please advise.

Thanks.

Reply to
googler