Question about AC Terminology

Hi, this is not about an actual air conditioning problem, but about the

terminology.

I am aware of the difference between R-12 and R-134a, but can anyone tell me

whether there are people out there who call "R-134a" by the name of "R-12",

or vice-versa, either formally or informally, and either accidentally, or on

purpose?

And also, is "freon" the same as "air conditioning refrigerant"

Thanks for any help!

Stephanie

Reply to
Stephanie

technically

Thanks Robert. Basically, I encountered someone who was doing just that

(using R-12 and R-134a to mean the same thing), and I wasn't sure if this

was commonplace. Sort of like people using "disc" and "rotor"

interchangeably.

S.

Reply to
Stephanie